Review process, series «Mathematics»
Review process of manuscripts submitted to the journal
«Izvestiya Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta». Seriya «Matematika»
(«The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University». Series «Mathematics»)
The review process of manuscripts submitted to the journal «Izvestiya Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta». Seriya «Matematika» («The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University». Series «Mathematics»), is carried out in accordance with the following rules.
- To be published in «Izvestiya Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta». Seriya «Matematika» («The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University». Series «Mathematics»), a paper must be technically prepared in accordance with the author guidelines.
- The manuscript is reviewed by a scientist who has a PhD or Doctorate.
- Referees are not allowed to make copies of paper. The review process is strictly confidential.
- Time of reviewing cannot exceed two months from receiving a manuscript.
- The editorial board makes the decision of possibility or impossibility of publishing the paper no later than two weeks after the reception of the referee's report.
- The decision of the editorial board is reported to author within a week after its adoption.
- If the editorial board recommends the revision of the paper, the author may prepare a new version of the paper. The new variant of the manuscript could be reconsidered for publication.
- Review can be provided to the author by his request without the reviewer's name.
- Referee reports are kept in the publishing office and editorial board during five years and are available on the request of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
The referee report
- The referee report is issued as an A4 document, font 14, single line spacing, all page margins are 2 cm.
- The text of the referee report has a header: The review of the paper ... authors of the paper ... “...title of the paper...”
- In the referee report it should be briefly noted
- manuscript novelty and actuality rating;
- the originality and significance of the used methods;
- the scientific quality of the results;
- the practical significance of the results;
- the quality of English;
- the structure of the manuscript.
After consideration, the reviewer makes one of the following decisions:
- reject with possible resubmission;
- The text of the review should be finished by signature and full name of the reviewer with indicating a degree, position, and the place of work.
- Referees can use the review form.
The electronic versions of the author guidelines, the paper's reviewing process, and the review form are available on the website of Irkutsk State University (www.isu.ru/en/research/izvestia/index.html).