«Izvestiya Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta»
«The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University»
Seriya «Politologiya. Religiovedenie»
Series «Political Science and Religion Studies»
- The editors of the journal «Izvestiya Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta». Seriya «Politologiya. Religiovedenie» («The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University». Series «Political Science and Religion Studies») are against any form of unethical behavior and plagiarism, observe and follow the rules of the current legislation of the Russian Federation, ethical rules and international standards established by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). In order to avoid unfair practices in publishing activities and to ensure a high quality of scientific publications, each participant in the publishing process (publisher, editor, member of the editorial board, author, and reviewer) is required to comply with ethical standards.
- While sending a paper to the editorial staff of the journal, author provides the publisher of the journal (Irkutsk State University) with the royalty-free right to publish a paper and place it in open access on the Web. At the same time, the author retains all intellectual rights. The author agrees to the processing of personal data in accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation. The agreement between the parties is fixed in the declaration and submission form.
- Papers containing original ideas and materials that have not been published before are allowed for publication. By signing the declaration and submission form, author guarantees that his paper (or a modified version) is not under consideration in other journals. The materials and data that have been stolen or acquired by other illegal means are not accepted for consideration. Authors should observe scientific ethics and take a correct and constructive position if there is a need for criticism of their colleagues. To avoid the possible conflicts, authors should report on the financing sources of research.
- Editorial ethics presupposes an equitable and objective peer review process, free of commercial interests and conjuncture needs. The editors consider unethical the requirement for authors to write reviews of their own articles as well as fixed or pseudo-reviewing. In the process of reviewing the materials submitted for publication, editors' main focus is on the scientific value of the research and the requirements of scientific ethics. At the same time, there is no discrimination on any grounds.
- The reviewer's actions carrying out the scientific expertise of the author's materials should be unbiased. The paper accepted for reviewing is considered to be a confidential document that can not be transferred for familiarization to third parties. Remarks and wishes should be objective and clearly grounded, aimed at increasing the scientific level of paper.
- Transfer to third parties of the submitted articles, except the reviewers and editorial board, is a violation of copyright and confidentiality of editorial processes. The editors are obliged to protect the integrity of the published works, to respect the author's opinion, to coordinate the necessary corrections and to stop attempts to violate copyright in the process of citation and using other objects of copyright. The editor-in-chief of the journal conducts a policy of preventing and regulating all editorial conflicts.