ISU became the only university of the Irkutsk region included into the URAP international rating
Irkutsk State University ranked 24th among Russian universities according to the URAP rating system (University Ranking by Academic Performance). It should be noted that ISU is the only university of the Irkutsk region marked in this rating.
The URAP rating is developed by the Middle East Technical University in Ankara, Turkey and works since 2009.
The rating is based entirely on research activity and does no attempt to evaluate the quality of education. The main evaluation criteria of the URAP are current scientific achievements, quality of research, involvement of foreign scientists into research, and international recognition of research. The rating is based on six indicators:
- Number of articles indexed by InCites in 2013.
- Number of citations by InCites in 2013.
- Total number of documents (by Web of Science) including conference papers published in 2011-2013.
- Total impact factor of publications by InCites in 2011-2013.
- Total impact factor of citations by InCites in 2011-2013.
- Part of publications written in international collaboration.
The URAP rating system annually compiles a list of 2000 universities around the world accounting for 10 percent of the most productive that makes the rating the most comprehensive according to its authors. Objectivity of the URAP rating is ensured by the fact that the calculation data is taken in open sources not requesting information from universities.