Master’s program “Development, Implementation and Maintenance of Information Systems”
This two-year master's program in English offers systematic training in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems.
The master program in information systems provides students with expertise in management and development of digital practices, focusing on systems development based on both clients' and users' needs. The program includes courses on infrastructure and advanced software engineering methods for creating complex information systems.
The program is built around three central themes:
- complex information systems (in courses relating to digital infrastructure, software engineering, machine learning, and decision making)
- the systems development process (in courses relating to software engineering and development methods)
- the organizational context of information systems and system development (in courses relating to management, digitalization, and business intelligence).
Graduates of the program can find employment as, for example:
- System developer
- Project manager
- Management consultant
- Information architect
- Web developer
- Database designer
Successful completion of the program qualifies students for PhD studies in Information Systems.
A bachelor's degree in the area of Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent.
English – intermediate and upper
Russian for everyday communication is desirable
Theoretical and practical courses provide competence from different areas: programming, software engineering, information systems design, management, and others.
After completing the program, students should be able to:
- define, formulate and solve computer science problems independently and in groups, within a given framework;
- formulate models, problems and their solutions using algorithms, computers, and software;
- apply computer science theory and methodology and use, compare and evaluate different computer science models and their applicability in areas inside and outside computer science;
- write computer programs in various development environments and programming, and quickly learn new languages and development environments;
- present, explain and discuss various computer science problems;
- use modern methods of designing and developing information systems;
- describe the economic factors of the development of software systems;
- use modern means of object-oriented application development;
- analyze and use the operating environment for information systems;
- introduce elements of artificial intelligence in information systems;
- research and develop software for information systems.
- Mathematical Methods and Models for Decision Support Systems.
- Methodologies and Techniques for Information Systems Design.
- Enterprises and Information Systems Architecture.
- Modern Software Development Technologies.
- Management of IT-Projects.
- Systems Theory and Analysis.
- Cloud Technologies and Services.
- Machine Learning.
- Business Intelligence.
- Intelligent Systems.
- English Language for Business and Professional Communication.
- Web Services.
- Electronic Document Management Systems.
- IT in Scientific Research.
- Maintenance of Enterprise Information Systems.
- Data Representation and Processing Methods.
- Human Resource Management.
- Information Analysis and Search Engines.
- Customer Relationship Management.
- Methods of Image Analysis and Computer Vision.
- Modern Trends in Information Technologies.
For the successful development of the program, students must successfully complete 120 credit hours, including 84 credits of courses and 36 credits for scientific research and defense of a thesis. Each semester, you must successfully complete 30 credits. Upon completion of the degree requirements, the graduate will receive a Russian State Diploma.
Matrosov Institute for System Dynamics and Control Theory of Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences; 1C-Forus, IT Solutions for Business
For more details regarding the program
Prof. Vladimir Panteleev
Phone: +7 (3952) 521-277, 521-279
For visa support:
International office, Ms. Tatiana Kuznetsova
Phone: +7 (3952) 200-285